2019 NVSL All Swim Ninja: 9-10s
After a summer of great racing, it is time to name our NVSL All Swim Ninja team. These athletes are selected by our staff using best times from the season, composing a 1st and 2nd team, as well as Honorable Mention, selections for each age group and gender. We saw some of our preseason selections perform up to expectation, and we were thrilled to see several new names make the final teams! Because summer swimming is a true team sport, we make our selections based on how athletes performed during the regular season where they competed to score points to help win meets. We want to congratulate all athletes for working hard and making our job of creating these lists a difficult process!
See which athletes landed on our NVSL All Swim Ninja team and why:
- Andy Li (Kent Gardens): As a 9-year-old, Andy put on a show–Li had the fastest 50m breast by over 2.50s and also has the fastest 50m back. Li finished with the 4th fastest 50m free, 25-yard fly and 50 yard breast, which he set the NVSL record in. See his league record-breaking performance below:
- Ian Kang (Fair Oaks): Kang had the fastest 50m free in 2019 by .97s. Ian also brought his D4 champion Sharks the 4th fastest breast and 10th fastest fly. See Kang’s league fastest 50m free from week 4 below:
- Tobias Damico-Lassman (Highland Park): At 15.84s, Tobias led the league in butterfly this summer, and also added the second fastest 50 freestyle.
- Luca Sanchez (Langley): Luca was a true all around performer for the Wildthings–he posted the 2nd best backstroke time of the regular season as well as the 3rd fastest free, breast, and fly.
- Moses Wolf (Waynewood): Moses was the second fastest breaststroker behind only Li. Wolf also had the 4th fastest back and 10th fastest free in 2019. See Moses get out and crush this backstroke against SHBR from week 2:
- Isaak Bockman (Great Falls): Bockman was strong for Great Falls this summer, bringing the 2nd best fly, 5th fastest back, and 7th fastest free.
- Lucas Lopez (Tuckahoe): Lopez showed his teeth as the 3rd best backstroker, surrounded by 1st and 2nd team selections in the event, as well as having the 9th best free.
- Nicholas Harris (Virginia Run): Harris had the 4th fastest fly and 10th fastest backstroke in 2019
- Cooper Roberts (Dowden Terrace): Roberts swam the 5th fastest fly and 8th fastest free this summer
- Sinjin Schmeck (Hunt Valley): Sinjin was the 5th fastest freestyler and 9th fastest backstroker
- Bennett Steele (Hamlet): Steele was the 5th fastest breaststroke swimmer in 2019
Look Good, Swim Faster – ShopSwimNinja.com
- Charis Roundtree (Virginia Run): Charis had a dominant 10 y/o summer for the Riptide–in addition to posting the league-best free, back, and fly times, she also set the NVSL record in 50 free with a 29.43. Roudtree was over 3 seconds faster than the next swimmer in free and back, while also being able to swim the 9th fastest 50 breast!
- Elizabeth Bryan (Ilda): Bryan will be one of the best breaststroke swimmers to go through this league–already owning the 8-u record, Elizabeth led the league in the event by at least 2 seconds all summer and is eying the 9-10 record. Bryan also has the 2nd fastest fly in the league (only .03 behind Roundtree).
- Emily Radcliffe (Poplar Tree): Emily had a great summer for the Pirates, putting up the 2nd best free and back times, and had the 3rd fastest fly .
- Sadie Buckley (Fairfax): Sadie led a dominant group of 9-10 Frogs that won both the Medley and Free relays at All Star Relays. Buckley posted the 3rd best free and backstroke in the NVSL in 2019. See her take the win at D2 Divisionals in back below–she is the top seed this weekend at All Stars
- Annabelle Bremner (Dowden Terrace): Annabelle gave the Dolphins the 4th best backstroke and breast this summer. See her take a dominant win in breast from week 3 against Hamlet:
- Lila Wilbur (Fairfax Station): Lila swam the 3rd best breast, 5th fastest back, and 8th fastest fly in 2019, providing her Flyers with a bunch of options each Saturday.
- Lila Brock (Dowden Terrace): Brock had the 5th fastest fly and 7th fastest free, rounding out a truly dominant age group for Dowden Terrace.
- Anna Helms (Crosspointe): Anna swam the 4th fastest free and 6th fastest back in 2019. See her put up that impressive 4th best league finish time of 33.40 from week 3 against Donaldson Run:
- Moira Kinsella (Overlee): Moira had the 2nd fastest breaststroke in a very deep field of talent this summer.
- Evelina Kleczek (Fox Mill Woods): Evelina had the 5th fastest breast and 8th fastest free in 2019
- Maya Nelson (Pinecrest): Maya swam the 5th fastest free in 2019
- Bianca Gattoni (Hiddenbrook): Bianca had the 6th fastest breast and 8th fastest back this summer
- Savannah Harris (Crosspointe): Savannah swam the 4th fastest fly in 2019